A Return to Work (RTW) program is a proactive, formal plan that helps injured workers remain at work or safely return to suitable work. It outlines the steps that workers, supervisors, and others within the organization need to take if an injury occurs.
RTW programs typically include:
- An organization's commitment to providing suitable work, and a return to work plan
- What to do if an injury or illness occurs;
- Roles and responsibilities;
- How to Identify suitable work;
- Documentation of individualized RTW plans;
- How to monitor RTW plans; and
- Evaluate your RTW Program.
- For workers and supervisors
For more information on Return to Work program development, contact our Return to Work Specialist at 1 (800) 661-0792.