- Step 1
Before you begin:
The Review Committee encourages workers and employers to request disclosure of files before submitting a Request for Review. This ensures all parties have access to the relevant information relating to the issues in question.
If you’re a worker or employer disputing a claims decision: speak to the claim Claims Entitlement Supervisor, Adjudicator, Case Manager, or the Manager of Claims Services to request a disclosure of the claim file. For more information on claim file disclosures please refer to Policy 07.01, Claim File Information Access.
If you’re an employer disputing an assessment decision: speak to your Assessment Representative, or the Manager of Employer Services to request a disclosure of the employer file. For more information on employer file disclosures please refer to Policy 07.02, Employer File Information Access.
- Step 2
Complete a Request for a Review form or write a letter to the Registrar of the Review Committee. Your letter must include:
- Your claim number or employer number;
- Date of the decision letter you want reviewed;
- Reason(s) you disagree with the decision;
- What you think the decision should be: and,
- What type of hearing you wanted, whether oral or documentary.
Note: you must request a review within three years of the original decision.
- Step 3
What to Expect
- Send you a letter of acknowledgement;
- Confirm the type of hearing granted;
- Confirm the issue to review; and
- Schedule your hearing date.
Note: The WSCC does not make arrangements or pay for travel, accommodations, or time loss associated with attending a teleconference, video conference, or in-person hearing with the Review Committee.
The Review Committee will:
- Hold the hearing within 20 business days of receiving your request;
- Make a decision within 30 business days of the hearing;
- Send you the final decision.
Note: Deferred reviews may take longer than 50 business days.