The Workers' Advisor Office (WAO) helps workers understand the workers’ compensation system. The WAO is independent of the WSCC, and provides a confidential outside-opinion.
The Workers' Advisor helps by:
- Getting information for you from the WSCC;
- Talking to the WSCC about your claim;
- Explaining WSCC processes and decisions;
- Determining if you need more information to support your case;
- Reviewing file evidence;
- Helping to prepare and present your case to reviews and appeals; and
- Helping you, and your family, find community services that you might need.
Phone: (867) 444-0051
Fax: (867) 873-5477
Phone (Nunavut): (867) 979-5303
Toll-free (Nunavut): 1-866-727-3830
Fax (Nunavut): (867) 983-2187